A unique combination of hill-style Gospel blues with old-timey flavourings and stripped down to just voices, guitar and vintage drums, Hat Fitz & Cara can in no way be mistaken for a dainty duo.
A BIT ABOUT…
• Hat Fitz is a ‘veteran’ wild man of the blues scene in Australia., having appeared at Bluesfest Byron Bat 21 times.
• Hat Fitz and Cara are favourite performers at many of Australia’s festivals, including Woodford, Womad, Port Fairy, Queenscliff, The National, and many more.
• The group maintain a hectic touring schedule in Australia, Europe, Canada and USA.
• Hat Fitz nominated for an ARIA award for ‘Play Me Something New’.
• Cara draws on her soul background touring with Jamiroquai, Beverly Knight, and Corinne Bailey Rae.
• Their album Wiley Ways was Blues album of the year 2013 Australian Chain Awards and UK Spiral Earth awards.
• They received a high achievement in the International Songwriting Competition Awards for two tracks from Wiley Ways album 2014.
• In 2014 Hat Fitz was asked to compose a piece as a soundtrack for the Justine Kurzel short film Boner McPharlin’s Moll based on the short story of Tim Winton. The film was entered into the Cannes Film Festival 2015.
• Do Tell” album won Best Female Vocalist of the Blues Chain Awards.
We provide the following services for Hat Fitz and Cara
• AUSTRALIAN TOUR BOOKINGS