The Go Set combine traditional Celtic music with energetic punk rock, light it up with a social conscious and watch it blow.
A BIT ABOUT…
• Combining the folk elements of the bagpipes, accordion, and mandolin, with distorted punk guitars and a rock n roll ethos, The Go Set created a sound and direction all its own.
• 2014 – the band commenced touring in the USA and Canada in 2014, landing management and a deal with Massachussetts label East Grand for the release of a ‘Best Of’ compilation early in 2015.
• Throughout 2013 and into 2014, the band again returned to Europe – performing at a series of summer festivals including Fete De La Musique, Mighty Sounds, Rebellion Punk Festival, Coretex Festival, Punk Rock Holidays, and the Skagen Folk Festival.
• In 2012, the band recorded it’s sixth album (and fifth studio release). Self-titled, and self-produced, the album was recorded at Hothouse in Melbourne with Craig Harnath (Bodyjar, The Living End). The album was a slight move away from the previous folky sounds, and was a much more stripped back rock album – simplified and concise.
• Along the way, and over a period of more than a decade, the band has filmed it’s journey, and the struggles of remaining independent – from the highs and lows of touring, to the process of writing and recording, to the constant hardship and grind.
We provide the following services for The Go Set
• AUSTRALIAN TOUR BOOKINGS