Cass is a sworn soul sister through and through, and her refreshingly honest, whisky-soaked voice is hers alone.
A BIT ABOUT…
• Named by folk-blog Timber and Steel as ‘Janis Joplin and Ben Harper’s love-child’, Cass Eager’s mix of raw soul, husky blues and light-hearted ditties are all punctuated with her unique whisky-soaked vocals.
• Cass supported Michael Franti & Spearhead on their 2015 Bluesfest tour, sat in with Alabama-native Kristy Lee’s Bluesfest sideshows and played alongside G. Love & Special Sauce and JJ Grey & Mofro. 2016 saw her perform with Canadian artist Irish Mythen at Bluesfest and national dates.
• Australian festival performances include: Bluesfest (NSW), Sydney Blues and Roots Festival (NSW), Blues On Broadbeach (QLD), Blues at Bridgetown (WA), Echuca Winter Blues Festival (VIC), Festival Of The Sun (NSW), Mitchell Creek Rock ‘n Blues Festival (QLD), Blue Mountains Music Festival (NSW), Darling Harbour Jazz & Blues Festival (NSW), Caloundra Festival (QLD), Australian Blues Festival (NSW), Gympie Muster (QLD), Gum Ball Festival (NSW), Rip Curl Pro Surf and Music Festival (VIC), Australian Music Week (NSW)
• International festival performances include: CMW (CAN), NXNE (CAN), SXSW (USA), Crankworx Festival (CAN), Pemberton Music Festival (CAN), Millenium Music Conference (USA)
• Has released 2 albums, a single and an EP in both Australia and Canada, achieving national airplay and debuting at #27 on the US Roots Music Report.
• Best Group and Best Female Vocalist finalist in the Australian Blues ‘Chain’ Awards
• Best Blues/Roots Artist finalist in the MusicOz Awards
• Cass’ EP ‘Down On My Knees’ was voted ‘Top 10 Album’ of the year in Rhythms Magazine.
• Her songs have been synced on Australian Surf Travel Shows and Canadian Skiing Documentaries, an East Timorese documentary on Maternal Health, and several Australian short films.
• She’s done several ‘tours of duty’ for Australian troops, from Egypt to East Timor (with Paul Kelly and Peter Garrett), the Middle East to the Solomon Islands.
• She performed for Prince Harry during his Australian visit, and after being invited back for a repeat performance, ended up giving the prince guitar lessons.
• She’s toured through North America and Canada – alone with her acoustic guitar; alongside Ash Grunwald; and with US musician Bob Egan (Blue Rodeo; ex-Wilco).
• Cass has been called ‘one of the best female singers in Australia’ by Richard Glover (ABC), ’the girl with the golden voice’ (Daily Examiner), and Diesel claims ‘she has a voice so sweet she could sing the phone book and you wouldn’t get bored’.
• ‘One to watch.’ Sam Fell, Rhythms Magazine
‘…down the end on a small stage in a patch of light under a mass of wild curls, a girl sits, cradling a big-bodied guitar, like a still from The Bottom Line in ’68. And that voice, mixing Memphis soul and delta blues, is husky from a thousand melodies with a touch of Bobbie Gentry. And that voice, with a simple guitar strum, throws to images of a girl in a faded floral dress standing in the dirt by a house near the coast watching a storm roll in from the ocean. Those songs of hers take you somewhere, where good songs always take you.’ Greg Perano
We provide the following services for Cass Eager